Completed June 2011
Built in 1959 on Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, Santa Margarita Elementary School has been entirely reconstructed with new up-to-date classroom buildings. Only two buildings from the original campus, the multipurpose room and library, remained on site to receive complete renovation. In addition to its contemporary architecture, the site has been fully re-landscaped with a variety of native plants, grasses and river rock to complement its beauty. The campus has been reconfigured to include a new kindergarten area, new front entry and parking and new playgrounds. Additional classrooms have been added to accommodate children from new base family housing and special needs students.